Health benefits of Fenugreek leaves:
1. Fenugreek leaves are enriched with minerals like potassium, calcium, and Iron.
2. The leaves have good dietary fiber and are enriched with vitamin C. The vitamin K from fenugreek greens are comparable to spinach.
3.Lower serum cholesterol, triglyceride, and low-density lipoprptein.
4. Improving the milk secretion in lactating mothers.
5. Fenugreek leaves are cooling, mildly laxative, pungent, and aromatic.
6. Regular gargle using water soaked leaves will prevent or heal mouth ulcers.
7. Protect againt cancer of the breast and colon.
8. Lowering type -1 and type-2 diabetes.
9. Consumption of fenugreek leaves restores excellent digestion abilities. You will
10.Anemic patients can consume fenugreek leaves regularly as they are a rich
11.Fenugreek leaves paste applied on palms and soles alleviates buring sensation.
12. A cup of fenugreek leaves decoction added to honey and a tbs. of
ginger powder clears the phlegm and cures cough.
13.Fenu greek leaves paste applied on swellings, sprains and burns heals them effectively.
14.Fenu greek leaf powder significantly increase the antoxidant system in diabeties.
1. Fresh fenugreek leaves paste and coconut milk applied over the scalp is
2. A paste of Fenugreek leaves mixed with vinegar is good for treating dandruff.
3. A pimple and blackhead prone skin when treated with the paste of fenu greek
4. Fenu greek leaves also has anti ageing properties. Make a paste of fenu greek
5. Fenu greek leaves paste when applied on acne affected area every night
and washed away the following morning with warm water prevents fresh
breakouts of acne.
1 Bunch of Methi Leaves
2 Small Tomatoes
1 – 1&1/2 tbs garlic paste
1 Inch Ginger
1 tbs cumin seeds
chilli Powder to taste
1 tbs Dhaniya powder
1/2 tbs Garam Masala Powder
Salt to taste
2 tbs oil
1. Clean and wash the Methi leaves and Keep it aside.
2. Next take the potatoes and Cut it into cube size pieces and cook well.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and fry.
4. Add chopped onion and fry till it will be turn into golden brown.
5. Add Ginger and garlic and stir well.
6. Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric,salt. Mix well and cover to cook on
medium heat up to 10 min.
7. Now chop the methi leaves and mix it into pan. Leave it up to 5 to 8 min..
8. Add Dhaniya powder, salt, chilli powder, garam masala and mix well.
9. Now add boiled and cubed potatoes and stir well. Cover to cook
on medium heat upto 10 min.
10. Aloo methi is ready to serve with hot roti/parata/chapathi/Rice.