If you have friends visiting and would like to please them with something different this is a very easy and delicious recipe. H and D are very fond of pancakes, they found a recipe for Walnut and Apple pancakes and made them one weekend and it was a big hit, thought I had saved the recipe but lost it. This is our attempt to recreate the recipe.
Ingerdients (makes 14 pancakes)
1. 2 Cups of All purpose flour (substitute with 1 1/2 cup whole wheat and 1/2 cup all purpose flour)
2. 2 apples peeled and shredded in a food processor or grated
3. 12 almonds peeled and shredded
4. a pinch of baking soda
5. 1 tbsp brown sugar
6. 1 1/2 cups milk (I used 2% milk, if using water use a little less)
7. 2 Eggs beaten
8. 1 tbsp of butter (it is thanksgiving after all)
1. Mix all of the ingredients without any lumps. Mix the apple, almonds and eggs first, follow by adding flour a little by little and milk.
2. Heat a griddle or pan smear with butter and add a laddle of batter, cook on one side, flip on other side and cook till golden brown.
Serve warm with syrup, jelly or whipped cream. The pancake did not need any additional syrup it was tasty just by itself. The family and my cousin absolutely loved it.