Baingan bhartha serve with roti, rice, biryani, fried rice, pulav.
4 tbs oil
1 medium onion
2 medium tomatoes
3 tbs garlic & ginger paste
1 Big baingan
1/2 tbs turmeric
1 tbs garam masala
salt (to taste)
1/2 tbs chili powder
coriander leaves for decoration.
- Brush baingan (egg plant) with oil and roast it on a gas burner over medium heat.
- Frequently turn the eggplant upside down. Until fully roasted.
- Once done,hold it under cold running water or in a bowl full of water.
- Cool it and peel off the black end skin.
- Mash the flesh.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions and fry over medium heat until golden brown.
- Now add ginger & garlic and mix well.
- Add tomatoes and cook until tender.
- Add turmeric, salt, garam masala, chili powder and mix well. Leave it 5 min.
- Now add mashed baingan(egg plant) and stir well. Fry the baingan bhartha 5 – 7min over medium heat.
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.