Richa’s Jalfrazie came to mind immediately and I was going to give it a whirl. I have noticed Jalfrezi in restaurant menus but something about the explaination of the dish itself or the fact that I did not know much about it had a role in me not having tasted this dish before. Next up was finding out what Jalfrezi meant, stir fried in a thick sauce, with either vegetables or Chicken is the gist of what I learnt.
Pretty much followed Richa’s recipe and the end result was colorful, tasty and lip smacking.
1. 3 Bell peppers (Red, Green, Yellow) seeded cut into strips.
2. 1/2 Red Onions Chopped lengthwise
3. 1 Carrot cut into strips
4. 1 Potato cut into strips
5. 12 Fresh Green Beans French Cut
6. 6 garlic cloves chopped
7. 1 1/2 inch ginger piece grated
8. 1 tbsp Chilli Powder
9. 1/2 tbsp Chicken Masala Powder (I did not have garam masala)
10. 2 tsp cumin powder
11. 2 tsp turmeric powder
12. 2 tsp oil + 2 tsp ghee
13. Salt to taste
1. 2 Ripe tomatoes
2. 1 tbsp tomato paste
Puree the tomatoes along with the tomato paste
1. In a pan heat oil and stir fry the Green Bean, Potatoes and Carrots till they are done and set aside.
2. In the same pan heat the ghee add the onions and saute for 2-3 minutes, add the bell pepper strips and saute till they start turning a little brown on the edges.
3, Add the garlic and grated ginger and saute them for a few minutes.
4. Add the powders and mix them well.
5. Now add the tomato puree and salt and cook on medium heat till the raw smell goes and the water has evaporated and the gravy is thick.
6. Now add the stir fried veggies, give it a good mix and turn off the heat after 4-5 minutes.