Health Benefits of Curd:
1. Curd is very helpful for people who are suffering from diarrhoea. Curd
2. Curd can stop nausea and vomiting tendency.
3. Curd is also an excellent source of calcium and high vitamin contents
4. Curd is also known for its cosmetic uses. The bacteria present in curd
5. Curd is one of the easiest remedies for treating dandruff. Ex: Curd in
6. Curd helps to improve the digestive system.
7. Curd helps to strengthen the immune system.
8. Curd helps to cope with stomach problems.
9. Consuming curd proves beneficial for those suffering from vaginal infection.
10. Curd helps to get strong bones and teeth as its calcium content is high.
11. Curd helps to minimise the risk of high blood pressure.
12. Coping with high level of cholesterol becomes easier with the help of curd.
1 Cup of Sour Curd
20 “1” Inch Bhindi pieces
4 tbs Besan flour
6 Green chillies
1 Inch ginger
2 Garlic flakes
1 tbs dhaniya powder
Coriander leaves for garnishing
2 tbs oil
2 Red chillies
1/2 tbs mustard
1/2 tbs cumin seeds
4 curry leaves
A pinch of Hing
1. Beat the curd well with adding 1/4 cup of water.
2. Take the besan flour with adding few tbs of water and make a fine paste.
3. Take the green chillies, ginger, garlic. Make a fine paste and keep it aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add red chillies, mustard, cumin seeds, turmeric, hing
6. Add the beated curd and keep stirring about 8min.
8. If you do not stirring continuously, the mixture may just curdle and the
9. When it starts boiling then add the dhaniya powder, greenchillies, garlic,
ginger pasts and combine well.
10. Finally add the salt and coriander leaves and boil for another 5 min.
11. Tasty and delicious Bhindi kadhi ready to serve with hot rice/roti/Drink
like a soup.