1&1/4 cups of rice
3/4 cups of Toor dal
2 carrots (1 & 1/2 Inch Pieces)
10-15 string beans (1 & 1/2 Inch pieces)
1/2 green pepper (1 Inch pieces)
4 – 5 tbs MTR Bisi Bele Bath powder
1/4 tbs turmeric
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder to taste
1/2 tbs mustard
1/2 tbs cumin
A pinch of hing
2 Red chillies
2 – 3 tbs ghee
Tamarind size of a lime
10-15 Pieces of cashew nuts
coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Wash the rice and toor dal thoroughly. Place it in a container with 4 &1/2 cups
from tamarind and keep it aside.
3. Heat ghee in a pan. Add red chilly pieces, mustard, cumin, turmeric, hing and
salt and mix thoroughly for 10 min.
4. Add the red chilly powder, Bisi Bele Bath powder and mix well.
5. Add the cooked rice, dal and vegetables. Stir well with adding water to
desired consistancy and cook on low flame for 8min.
6. Finally garnish with coriander leaves.
7. Delicious and mouth watering Bis Beli bath is ready to serve with potato chips.
Tip: MTR Bisi Bele Bath powder helps me to reduce the time to cook the
Bisi Bele Bath.