Are u a pepper freaky? Then am sure you will definitely love the recipe. If u doesn’t get lamb in your place, try doing with mutton (see notes). It can either be served with plain steamed rice or with roti/chapathi. I love to have with idli and dosa too.
Cooking time: 10-20 minutes
How to make it
- Saute the items given and grind into a smooth paste with little of water. Keep aside.
- Clean the lamb with running water till the blood goes off. Use turmeric powder to rinse. Chop it into small chunks.
- Pressure-cook the lamb pieces with 2 cups of water for 4-5 whistles.
- In a wok heat oil and temper with the items given. Sauté the finely chopped onions till translucent.
- Throw the tomatoes and cook till turns mushy.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Stir well.
- Now add the cooked lamb pieces along with the water (if u has some remaining in the cooker). Mix well and add salt.
- Let it cook further for some more time. Add the ground paste to the cooked lamb and fry till it combines well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with steamed rice/roti.
- The same procedure can also be done for cooking mutton. Instead of 5 whistles cook for 6-7 or even more, depends on the toughness of the skin.
- The spice level which I have given is very hot. Adjust chilli powder and pepper level according to ur taste buds.