Ghee or butter
2 cups of rice, cleaned well
1 chicken breasts, cubed
200 gm minced meat
1 carrot, cubed
3-4 potatoes, cubed
a handful of coriander leaves and spring onions, chopped
500ml thick coconut milk
salt, to taste
water, 4 times more than the rice or more
3 big onions
2 inch ginger
4 lemon grass
50 gm dried anchovies
50 gm dried shrimps
3-4 table spoon coarse black pepper
2 table spoon coriander, cumin
2 table spoon soup spices (rempah sup)
1. In a frying pan, heat the ghee or butter. Then, add in the blended items, cook and stir well until aromatic. Put aside.
2. In another cooking pot, put in the rice and water. Cook the rice until tender.
3. When the rice is tender, you can add in the cooked blended items (number 1) together with the meat and chicken cubes. Stir well.
4. After that you can put in the diced carrots and potatoes.
5. Pour in the coconut milk and cook for a few minutes. Make sure the rice is very tender, not too thick and not too watery.
6. Lastly, add some salt, chopped coriander and spring onions together with fried onions to complete the meal.
*serves 4-6 people