I like eating at Chipotle especially while at work when I don’t pack lunch. Of all the fast food places this is by far my favorite and particularly their concept of Burrito Bowl be it Veggie or any meat of choice. I have been trying to cook a chicken fry that could be used in a Burrito bowl and I think I have it now but on this particular day I did not make the Burrito Bowl but the post cannot wait if it has to make it to the Express Cooking Event. I prefer chicken meat with bones in them especially the thighs because it seems to have more taste but boneless chicken breast or thighs would work fine too (much less work).
If we are counting the time to cook this dish, it takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish. So this would be perfect for Mallugirl’s Express Cooking Event
For 2 Kids 2 Adults
1. 1 lb chicken thighs (with bones) chopped into bits sized pieces.
2. 1/2 red onion chopped
3. 6-8 garlic cloves chopped
4. 1/2 inch piece ginger grated
5. 2-4 Green chillies slit (as per heat requirements)
6. 2 tsp corriander powder
7. 1 tsp cumin powder
8. 1 tsp of Garam Masala or Chicken Masala Powder (optional)
9. few curry leaves and a few fennel seeds
10. 2 tbsp Yogurt
11. 1 tbsp of lemon juice
12. 1 tsp oil
13. 1 tsp chilli powder
1. 1 Cup of Rice Cooked (Set the rice to cook when you start to cook the chicken)
2. 1/4 cup cooked (frozen corn to be heated in the microwave and water drained)
3. 1/4 Black or Pinto Cooked (canned works, rinse and drain the water)
4. 1/4 onion and a tomato chopped
5. 5 Tbsp Sour Cream
6. 4 tsp Chilli garlic sauce
1. Wash the Chicken clean with some turmeric powder, drain the water completely.
2. Add the yogurt, lemon juice, oil and chilli powder to the chicken, mix well and set aside for 1 hour (well this is not included in the cooking time.
1. Heat a Wok or a wide mouthed pan, add oil when hot add the fennel seeds and curry leaves.
2. Add the onions, green chillies, garlic and ginger and when they are just about soft add the powders and mix well and the chicken and saute till it starts to let water out.
3. Now cover the pan and cook till the chicken is fully cooked.
4. Open the lid, add salt and fry till all the liquid has evaporated.
For the Burrito Bowl
1. Remove the bones from the chicken and tear the chicken a little bit
2. Take a bowl add about 1/4 cup rice, 2-3 tbsp corn, 2-3 tbsp beans
3. Required amount of chicken
4. 1 tsp chilli garlic sauce
5. 1 tbsp sour cream
Mix and dinner is ready in 30 minutes
Off it goes to Mallugirl