After a long gap, a post on non-veg recipe and that too with a chicken. It was almost a month I prepared non-veg at home. I got bored of making it and left a gap in between for the NVs. And now the time arrived to bug up with the recipes. In this post am not gonna write more about chicken tikka since we had a blog post of it previously. Click here to check out. Here am gonna make a masala out with the tikka which we prepared already. If u have any left out tikka, you can use up in this way and make a awesome side-dish for rice and rotis.
Preparation time: 5 mins (excludes Chicken tikka preparation)
Cooking time: 20 mins
½ kg Chicken tikka (how to make chicken tikka)
1tsp ginger-garlic paste
2-3 small sized tomatoes
2 tsp cashews
1tsp chilli powder
2 tsp coriander powder
½ tsp cumin powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
Salt (to taste)
Pinch of kasoori methi leaves
Coriander leaves (to garnish)
1 inch cinnamon stick
1-2 bay leaves
How to make it
- Keep the chicken tikka ready before starting up with the recipe. You can even add cubed onions tomatoes and capsicum in the skewers while doing the chicken tikka.
- In a skillet heat oil and all the garam masala mentioned above. Once it splutters off add chopped onions to it. The onions should be chopped finely or just grind in a mixer for a while.
- Fry the onions till the raw smell leaves and add ginger-garlic paste.
- Then follow by adding the masala powders. Keep in mind to turn the flame to low to avoid burning of the masalas.
- Mean while grind the tomatoes along with the cashews and make a smooth paste of it.
- Add the tomatoes-cashews paste to the onion masala. Mix it well and cook the raw smell of the tomatoes goes off. Blend the gravy by adding 1-1/2 cup of water and check for salt and spiciness.
- Add the tikka to the boiling gravy. Tikka will absorb the gravy and give out a thick masala. So make sure u add enough water.
- Crush the kasoori methi leaves between ur palms and add to it. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- The same recipe can be followed to make Paneer Tikka Masala using fresh Paneer Cubes.