Sometimes in hot summer, I still crave for soup, such as this simple, delicious chicken wing soup with the sweetness and fresh smell from corns.
- 1 lb. chicken wing
- 1 corn
- 1/4 lb. King ouster mushroom
- 1 teaspoon salt and extra salt for marinating
- A few slices of ginger
- 1 green onion
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
1. Get 1 lb. chicken wings, marinate with 2% salt overnight in the fridge for best result, the meat will be tender and tasty. You can skip this step if you are in a hurry.
2. Get a medium size pot, add 4 cups of water, a few slices of ginger, 1 coarse chopped green onion, start the heat.
3. Rinse clean the chicken wings, cut into the joints, add the wing pieces to the pot.
4. Get 1 corn, remove the husks, cut into 4 or 5 chunks, add to the pot.
5. Get 1/4 lb. King oyster mushroom, cut into thin slices, add to the pot.
6. Boil all ingredients, this takes about 10 minutes from step 2.
7. Turn heat to low, cover the pot and simmer for 20 minutes. Sprinkle salt to your taste. Note the chicken wing has some salt in it, so be cautious of the extra salt amount.