To prepare this curry, i used fresh American sweet corn that compliments well with the curry.You can use frozen corn ,if there is no fresh one available to you.When comes to nutritional value,with moderate glycemic index ,sweet corn has more carbohydrates,protein, fiber and folic acid.Instead of rice,bread you can take sweet corn for your daily intake of carbohydrates.agree ?
You have leftover corn after making corn on the cob? make this curry to finish off the extra corn.Making of corn curry is very simple, take the fresh corn kernels from the ear.Prepare curry paste then saute corn in the curry.This curry is simple than other curries like paneer tikka masala,kashmiri dum aloo,panchmel Dal,Gobi masala.
Corn Curry | Chapathi Side Dish
How to make corn curry
Cuisine: Indian Category:Side Dish Serve:2 Prep time:5 minutes Cook time:20 minutes Total Time:25-30 minutes
- 2 medium size corn
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 garlic
- 1 inch ginger.
- 1/4 tsp chili powder(or to taste).
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder.
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- little garam masala
- fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
- few dried methi leaves/kasuri methi
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp jeera/cumin seeds.
- Roughly chop onion ,tomato,ginger and garlic.
- Separate corn kernels and keep it ready.
- Add oil to tava,when its hot add onions when its sauteying add ginger and garlic too.
- When the onions turns translucent add tomatoes and cook it through.
- Add masala powder’s chili,coriander,turmeric power.
- Switch off the flame and cool it.
- Make this in to fine paste.
- Add remaining oil to tava and add jeera when the oil is hot.
- Now you can add corn kernels,Let it get saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Masala paste goes in the tava.Add required water and salt to the curry as well.
- Finally add kasuri methi to the curry and switch off the flame.
- Sweet and spicy Corn curry is ready to be served.Serve it with paratha,roti,chapathi.
- You can add 2 tbsp of cream to make it more creamy like restaurants do.