Egg Kurma is a big favorite in our house. When I am at a loss for a dish to prepare I always fall back on Egg Kurma. Hurricane Ernesto was downgraded to a tropical storm but it still meant a day and half of rain. Now we need the rain, there has been no rain for the past month and a half that the grass,plants and trees are all turning brown. The slow steady drizzle is what they need. The weather has turned much cooler too. This called for some hot and spicy Egg Kurma.
1. 5 boiled eggs
2. 1/2 Red Onion roughly chopped
3. 5 pods of garlic
4. 1 1/2 inch piece ginger
5. 2 tomatoes
6. 1 1/2 tsp Egg Masala powder
7. Corriander leaves roughly chopped.
8. 1 1/2 Tbsp grated coconut
9. Seasonings cloves, fennel seeds, cinnamon sticks
Egg Masala Powder
1. 1/2 tsp corriander seeds
2. 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
3. 1/4 tsp pepper
4. 2 Red chillies
1. Grind the coconut with a few corriander leaves to a paste.
2. Mince the garlic and ginger
3. In a wide mouth pan, heat oil and add the seasonings.
4. Add the onion and fry till they turn brown
5. Add the minced ginger and garlic and saute them for a few minutes.
6. Add the egg masala powder and mix well.
7. Add 1 tomato cut into small pieces and saute till they turn soft.
8.Add the chopped corriander leaves and saute.
9. Puree the other tomato and add and cook for a few minutes.
10. Add salt and the coconut paste. Cook for a few more minutes
11. Remove the shell and cut the egg into two pieces and add to the curry.
12. Spoon the gravy over the egg pieces and turn off the heat in a minute.
Serve with rice or Chappathis.