This podimas is a slight variation of Egg podimas recipe which I had posted before. In that I just added onions and green chillies which suits rice with spicy gravy. Whereas this podimas is for rice along with sambaror rasam which are less spiced. This podimas even taste better when done in Iron skillet rather the non-stick wok.
You can directly break the eggs on to the masalas or you can whisk the eggs separately in a bowl and then add to the masalas. In either way it tastes the same, I believe. The best combo for this podimas is Sambar. This will be a sure shot winner if u don’t have any veggies at home, but still wanted to have a perfect meal.
Preparation time: 3-5minutes
Cooking time: 7-10 minutes
1 medium sized onion
2 small sized tomatoes
1 tsp chilli powder (adjust to taste)
1 tsp coriander powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
Coriander leaves (to garnish)
How to make it
- In a wok heat little of oil (1-2 tsp) and sauté the chopped onions. Fry till it turns transparent.
- Then add the tomatoes and cook it soft. Blend them together.
- Now add the spice powders and mix well. Keep the flame at low while adding the spice powders.
- Sprinkle some water to make blend the masalas.
- Let the masala cook till the raw smell leaves. Break the eggs one-by-one on the masala.
- Mix them together and add salt. Check for the spiciness at this stage.
- Cook the eggs now on medium flame. Add some oil to the sides if needed.
- Cook the eggs to perfection and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with sambar or rasam with steamed rice.
- The same masala can be added to the eggs and made as omelet.