Energizer…. Yes!!! The name says it. It has all the basic ingredients to cut down the heat and to get the instant energy after a tiresome work. I mostly used to make juice with fruits at home to beat the heat. When I asked amma for a different juice, she insisted me to add few veggies to make a fresh veggie juice and there I came up with the recipe. You must to be wondering why I named the juice like this. The answer is, try the recipe and you will know why.
Cumin powder added to the recipe helps in digestion and the black salt helps to cut down the heat in the body. If u doesn’t have black salt, use normal white salt. Pepper powder gives the spiciness to the juice. This juice is a blend of all sweet-spice-flavorful ingredients..
½ cup Beetroot Juice
½ cup carrot juice
2 cups orange juice
Pinch of cumin powder
Pinch of black salt
Pinch of pepper powder
½ cup honey (adjust to taste)
1 cup sugar (adjust to taste)
- Wash and peel the outer skin of beet root and carrot. Chop into equal cubes to make it easy for blending. In a blend extract the juice and keep aside.
- Extract the juice from orange using a citrus extractor.
- Add all the other ingredients and check for the sugar level.
- Serve chilled with few mint leaves on top.
- If u doesn’t have orange in hand, then use 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Adding few mint leaves while extracting the juice from beetroot/carrot will enhance the taste and gives a refreshing flavor.
- I used homemade cumin powder. Dry roast the cumin seeds in a pan and powder it in a mixie.