Now on to the recipe for the Fish Gravy. I also had a few mango pieces and remembering one Inji’s Fish and Mango Curry recipe added that to the curry too. Inji glad to see your blog is back up and running but you are so quiet. Whats up? Give us an update please.
1. 6-8 fish pieces (I used Salmon filet)
2. 1 big red onion chopped in a food processor
3. 1 big tomato chopped
4. 4 garlic chopped
5. Tamarind pulp about 1/2 cup
6. 1 tbsp Vathal Kuzhambu powder
7. 1 tbsp chilly powder (want spicy add more)
8. 1/4 sour mango pieces
9. salt to taste
10. season mustard, cumin, curry leaves
11. 2 tsp oil
1. In a pan heat the oil add the seasonings, mustard last and when the mustard starts to pop add the onion and saute till soft.
2. Add the garlic, tomato and mango pieces and saute till the tomato turns mushy.
3. Add the spice powders, mix well
4. Add the fish pieces,salt and tamarind pulp and cook till the fish pieces are cooked.
5. This recipe does not require too much water.
The sour taste of the mango pieces with the spicy gravy was delicious. Serve with white rice
This is one of those health delicious desserts you don’t need a special occasion to prepare.
1. 6-8 Juicy carrots peeled and chopped
2. 2 1/2 cups Fat Free Milk
3. 6 tbsp sugar or to taste
4. 5 tbsp Nuts and raisins
6. 1 tsp ghee to fry the nuts and raisins
7. 1 cardmom powdered (optional)
1. Pressure cook the carrot pieces with the 1 1/2 cups of milk and blend the cooked carrots.
2. In a pot pour the carrot paste, sugar,cardamom powder and the rest of the milk and boil till the carrot smell is completely gone.
3. Add the frieds nuts and raisins.
Serve warm or chilled.