Chicken and Fish comes to my mind whenever I think for the menu on every Sundays. And usually it will be Fish fry or gravy, chicken gravyor fry when comes to the recipe. These routine recipes got to a boredom stage and the idea of making Garlic chicken struck me when we had an outing and the friend of us prepared this garlic chicken. He made the chicken to perfection and it was really sooper soft and awesome. And yeah, I mentioned here “HE” isn’t it???… That’s not a typo. The rule for the outing is all the guys should prepare their favorite dish… and he was so kind enough to make two dishes for us… TH prepared Egg Fried Rice by himself and obviously I guided him for chopping the veggies and for the preparation things. Don’t ask the story about the mess up of kitchen after that … wofff!!! Egg fried rice along with the Garlic chicken was the highlight that day… Good old days!!! hmmmm
Here comes the recipe for the delicious Garlic Chicken… Check out other Indo-Chinese recipes.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
½ kg boneless chicken
½ tsp lemon juice
1 tsp turmeric powder
½ cup garlic cloves (peeled)
1 bell peppers/capsicum
1-2 spring onions (optional, for garnishing)
5-6 green chillies (adjust to taste)
1-3 dry red chillies
1 tsp chilli sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
½ – 1 tsp tomato sauce/ketchup
Salt (to taste)
How to make it
- Cube the boneless chicken and wash with lemon juice, turmeric powder and rinse off. Keep aside.
- Cube the onions and bell peppers. Finely chop the garlic cloves and green chillies.
- In a wok heat oil and sauté the chopped garlic, follow adding green chillies and red chillies.
- Add the cubed onions and mix it well. Keep in mind to raise the flame to maximum high. Keep all the ingredients ready before switching on the flame and carefully sauté the ingredients to its best.
- Now add the cleaned chicken chunks and mix it well with the onions. Chicken with ooze out its own water and cook by itself. At this time simmer down the flame to medium-high. If needed cook the chicken by closing with a lid.
- Once the chicken is half cooked, add capsicum. Stir well. Capsicum doesn’t need much time to cook.
- Give a quick stir and add the sauce given. (Soy sauce, chili sauce and tomato sauce)
- Check for salt and wait till the chicken is fully cooked. Blend all the ingredients together in between and garnish with chopped spring onions.
- Serve hot with roti/any pulao varieties.
- The measurement given for spiciness is really hot and if u don’t like to have that much spiciness in ur dish reduce the amount of green chillies or red chillies. Otherwise avoid using chilli sauce.
- I want my dish to be in gravy consistency. So I sprinkled some water in between and added corn flour at the end to get the right texture.