Preparation time: 15 minsCooking time: 10 mins
1 cup of cauliflower florets
½ cup corn flour
¼ cup rice flour
¼ tsp ginger-garlic paste
1tsp cubed onions
1tsp cubed capsicum (optional)
2tsp chopped garlic
1tsp chopped ginger
¾ tsp soy sauce
1tsp chilli sauce
½ tsp tomato ketchup
Oil (for deep frying)
Spring onions (to garnish)
How to make it
- Keep the cauliflower florets in hot water for 15 mins to make sure it is clean from dirts.
- In a bowl mix corn flour and rice flour along with salt. Add ginger garlic paste to it (optional). Sprinkle little of water (the florets will have some water content since it is been soaked in water) and make a thick batter. Dig in the florets and coat them well in the batter.
- Heat oil in a deep vessel and fry the florets till they are golden in color. Drain the excess oil and set aside.
- In a wok heat 1-2 tsp of oil and throw the chopped ginger and garlic. Sauté them in high flame.
- Add the onions and capsicum and cook further. Keep the flame in medium-high. Maintain the crunchiness of the onions and capsicum. I used the white part of spring onions along with regular onions.
- Now add the sauces (soy, chilli and tomato). Tomato ketchup gives a tangy flavor to the sauce. If ur using tomato chilli sauce skip adding tomato ketchup. Add salt and mix well.
- Add the fried florets to the sauce and coat them well.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve hot.