Back, after a long vacation… It was our anniversary and we celebrated it in LasVegas. Wow!!! Watta place to hang out for a vacation. It was all fun there and no mood to return back home… wen ever to get come here, neva miss the Caesar Palace Buffet. It was all time awesome and worth the money. It took us nearly 2 hours to finish off the entire buffet. OMG!!!
Now back to my kitchen, trying new recipes and posting it… I decided to try some north Indian foods for our dinner one day. I thought of making pav bhaji at home and got an idea of using hamburger buns instead of pan. It was the exact replica of the pavbhaji we get to have in the streets of Mumbai. I referred to Vahchef to get this recipe for bhaji and added veggies of my choice.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
½ cup of carrots, beans, radish, and cauliflower
2tsp green peas
1-2 green chillies
1tsp ginger-garlic paste
¼ tsp chilli powder
½ tsp coriander powder
¼ Pav bhaji masala
¼ tsp amchur powder
¼ tsp garam masala
Pinch of chaat masala
1-2 tsp oil
2-3 tsp butter
1tsp cumin seeds
Pav buns (as needed)
How to make bhaji
- Pressure cook all the veggies u wish to add for 1-2 whistles. Make sure the potatoes are boiled well to make mashed potatoes. Don’t add green peas to the pressure cooking step.
- Mash all the veggies as possible with a masher or u can do this with a ladle simply.
- In a skillet heat oil and splutter cumin seeds.
- Add onions to it. Onions should be finely chopped and cooked to perfection.
- Follow adding green chillies and ginger-garlic paste. If u doesn’t wish to add green chillies, avoid using it and increase the ratio of chilli powder accordingly.
- Add tomatoes once the onions are cooked. Tomatoes should turn mushy to further add the masala powders. Simmer the flame to low-medium while adding these masalas. Mix up well.
- Add 1-1 ½ cups of water to make a gravy. Check for salt and spiciness.
- Once the gravy starts going add the mashed veggies and green peas .Blend it with the gravy. Cook for some 1-2 mins.
- Add the crushed kasoori methi leaves and top with the butter. You can even melt the butter and it. I just added as like that.
How to serve
- In a dosa pan heat little of butter and roast the pav buns.
- In the same dosa pan add little of the bhaji and add the chopped onions on top. Mix well and dig in between the buns.
- Serve hot with some more sliced onions and lemons.