2 cups Idly rava (cream of rice,rice suji)
1 cup Urad Daal (white)
Salt as per taste
Ghee for greasing
Advantages of Urad dal:
We offer urad dal, which is a bean popularly grown in southern Asia and
commonly used in culinary preparation like dosa, idli, vada, and papad.
Known for its nutritional properties, our skinless urad dal is widely recommended
for diabetic patients. Whole urad dal possesses the properties of being
unadulterated and high on protein.
- Wash and soak the Dal overnight or for 8 hours.
- Soak Idly rava in water for about 5-6 hours.
- Drain the water from urud dal and grind it in mixe with water.
- Wash and drain the water from idly rava/cream of rice. Now add rava into uraddal batter.
- Add salt and keep it aside in a warm place for 8-9 hours or overnight for fermenting.
- Grease the idle holder and fill each of them with 3/4th fullof batter.
- Steam cook idlis on high flame for about 10 minutes or until done.
- Serve them with sambar and peanut chutney/coconut chutney/Channa dal chutney.