Kala Channa serve with roti, paratha and bread….
1 Cup Kala Channa
1 Chopped Onion
2 Medium Tomatoes
2 tbs Ginger & garlic paste
7 -8 Curry leaves
1.5 tbs Masala powder
Chili powder to taste
Salt to taste
0.5 tbs Sugar
1 tbs lime juice
2 tbs oil
- Soak Black Channa/Kala Channa for at least 8 to 10 hours with water.
- Wash under the tap water. Pressure cook it with 2 cups of water.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add curry leaves. Add Chopped onions.
- Let the onion become light brown colour add ginger and garlic paste.
- Take 4 to 5 tbs kala channa and tomatoes make a paste.
- Mix the paste into pan.
- Add chili powder, masala powder and lime juice. Fry for a while.
- Add cooked black Channa/Kala channa. Bring it to boil. Add sugar and salt.
- Let them cook upto 10min.
- Add coriander(optional).