Kichidi is good for health. Because kichidi is made with Moong dal, rice, vegetables and very less oil. It is also nutritious providing right balance of Carbohydrates, proteins and vitamins.It is so simple to make and is very tasty.
1 cup of rice
1/2 cup moong dal
3/4 cup vegetables (if you like mixed vegetable you can use them or else use Potato,beans,carrot,peace etc…)
3 green chillies ( if your kids don’t eat spicy food then don’t use the chillies)
salt ( to taste)
1/2 tbs cumin seeds
1/2 tbs mustard
Pinch of hing
little bit of curry leaves
little bit of coriander leaves
2 tbs butter or oil
Water 2 1/2cups
- Take a bowl and add rice, dal, vegetable. Add 2 1/2 cups water. Put it into pressure cooker.
- Heat oil or butter in a pan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing, curry leaves, green chilly peaces for tadka/tiragamata/popu.
- When all the seeds turn into golden brown then add turmeric .
- Once pressure cooking of rice,dal and vegetables is done add them to tadka/tiragamata/popu and Mix well.
- Finally add salt. And decorate with Chopped coriander leaves.