choose to prepare them, black eyed peas can be wonderful supplement
to your healthy eating plan.
1.Black eye peas are an excellent source of Calcium, Vitamin A and C. It has
good amount of thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6 and pantothenic acid.
It has small amount of folate.
2. Black eye peas low in fat and high in quality protein, but they also have the
added bonus of soluble fiber’s disease-preventing qualities.
3. They are rich in lignans, which may play a role in preventing osteoporosis,
heart disease, and certain cancers.
4. The flavonoids in beans may help reduce heart disease and cancer risk.
phytosterols, also in legumes, help reduce blood cholesterol levels.
5. Black eyed peas is rich pottassium with good amount of magnesium
and phosphorous. It also has small amount of iron, zinc, copper,
manganese and selenium.
6. They are low in fat and sodium and contain no cholesterol.
Nutritional High lights:
Black eyed peas, 1 Cup (boiled)
Total Fat: 0.63g
Excellent source of: Calcium(211mg), Folate(209mcg)
1 Cup Black eye peas
2 Small Tomatoes
2 Garlic flakes
1 inch Ginger piece
3/4 tbs Garam masala
1/4 tbs turmeric
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder to taste
2- 3 tbs oil
1. Before cooking dried black peas,Soak them for 4 – 6 hours.
2. Rinse well with cold water. Presuure cook them with adding little salt and water.
3. Take the cashews and soak them for 2 hours.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and fry till the onions turn into light
5. Add Ginger and garlic paste and stir well.
6. Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric,salt and stir well and cook till the tomatoes
absorbs the flavour.
7. Take the soaked cashews and make a fine paste.
8. Add cashews paste and mix well. Cook for a while.
9. Add cooked black eye peas. Bring it to boil.
10.Finally add garam masala, red chilly powder and combine well. Cover to cook
on medium heat upto 10 min.
11. Black eye peas curry is ready to serve with hot rice/roti/parata.