Long green beans also called string beans. So simple to prepare this item. Less oil and more nutrient Values. Serve with hot rice.
1 Bowl long beans
1/4 tbs turmeric
1 tbs Channa dal
1 tbs urad dal
1/2 tbs cumin seeds
1/2 tbs mustard
Red chili powder to taste
salt to taste
4-5 tbs Grated fresh coconut
1 & 1/2 tbs oil
1 red chili
4 to 5 curry leaves
•Vitamin E: 0.45mg
•Vitamin. B1 (Thia min): 0.074mg
•Vitamin. B2 (Riboflavin): 0.097mg
•Vitamin. B3 (Niacin): 0.614mg
•Vitamin B6: 0.056mg
•Vitamin C: 9.7mg
•Fiber: 3.2gFat: 0.28g
1. Just before using green beans, wash them under running water. Remove both ends of the beans by either snapping them off or cutting them with a knife.
2. Pressure cook the long beans with little bit of water for 2 to 3 whistles.
3. Takeout excess water from cooked long beans.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add Channa dal, urad dal,cumin seeds,mustard, red chili, turmeric. When mustard starts popping add curry leaves.
5. Add cooked long beans, salt and mix well.
6. Finally add grated coconut, red chili powder. Fry for a while. After done turn off the heat.
7. Long beans curry ready to serve…..