- Bottle-gourd skin – Peeled from around 1 & 1/2 lb bottle gourd
- Green chili- 3
- Onion (chopped)- 2 Tbs
- turmeric powder- 1 pinch
- Cumin powder- 1/2 ts
- Salt- 1/2 ts to taste
- Egg- 1 (if you want you can skip it)
- Coriander leaf (chopped) – 1 Tbs
- Oil- 1/2 Tbs
- Take some water in a pan, put the bottle-gourd skin, the green chili and salt in it and boil them until the skin become soft. Then turn off the heat and keep it aside to cool down.
- Then make paste of the boiled skin and green chili using a mortar & pestle or a chopper.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the chopped onion and fry them until they become soft. Then add the paste, cumin powder and stir them to mix.
- Fry them for 2 minutes, then add the egg and stir continuously to mix the egg with the paste (if you want to skip egg, discard this procedure.).
- Fry the whole mixture until all the water evaporates from it. Then spread the chopped coriander leaf and turn off the heat.
- Enjoy the mashed bottle-gourd skin with white rice.