Vegetarians no need to worry about protein foods. Masoor dal is high protein food.
Serve with roti.
1/4 cup masoor dal
1 cup spinach
1/4 tbs turmeric
8 black peppers
1 medium onion
2tbs ginger & garlic
Salt (to taste)
Chili powder(to taste) Because we added peppers. So you have to check the
spice if you want to add more add chili powder.
1/2 tbs mustard’s
1/2 tbs cumin seeds
1 red chilly
1 pinch asafoetida
4 or 5 curry leaves.
3/4 cup water for dal cooking.
1. Take a bowl add masoor dal and chopped spinach, black peppers.
2. Add 3/4 cup water put it into pressure cooker.
3. Heat oil in pan. When oil is very hot add mustard seeds, cumin seeds,
red chilly, asafoetida,curry leaves fry these ingredients till brown colour.
4. Add onions and cook until tender and translucent, but not browned.
5. Add ginger & garlic. Continue to fry until onions are deep yellow.
6. Add salt, turmeric. Pour cooked masoor dal and spinach into pan, mix well.
7. Wait 5 to 10 min. Now add red chilly powder. Mix well. Leave it 10 min.
8. Masoor dal is ready. Enjoy masoor dal with roti/parata.