Today I am posting healthy and tasty recipe. Fenugreek/Methi leaves
are bitter in taste. People also have recognized the leaves of the plant
as a powerful herb. This recipe tastes delicious, not bitter at all, and
goes perfectly well with rice/roti/parata/biryani etc…
Health benefits of Fenugreek leaves:
1. Fenugreek leaves are enriched with minerals like potassium, calcium
2. The leaves have good dietary fiber and are enriched with vitamin C.
The vitamin K from fenugreek greens are comparable to spinach.
3. Lower serum cholesterol, triglyceride, and low-density lipoprptein.
4. Improving the milk secretion in lactating mothers.
5. Fenugreek leaves are cooling, mildly laxative, pungent, and aromatic.
6. Regular gargle using water soaked leaves will prevent or heal mouth
ulcers. It is a quick remedy for sore throat.
7. Protect againt cancer of the breast and colon.
8. Lowering type -1 and type-2 diabetes.
9. Consumption of fenugreek leaves restores excellent digestion abilities.
You will not get common digestive problems like digestive disorders and
10. Anemic patients can consume fenugreek leaves regularly as they are a
rich source of iron.
11. Fenugreek leaves paste applied on palms and soles alleviates buring
12. A cup of fenugreek leaves decoction added to honey and a tbs. of
ginger powder clears the phlegm and cures cough.
13. Fenu greek leaves paste applied on swellings, sprains and burns heals
14.Fenu greek leaf powder significantly increase the antoxidant system in
Fenugreek leaves or Methi as a beauty aid:
1. Fresh fenugreek leaves paste and coconut milk applied over the scalp is
believed to prevent hair-loss, promote hair growth, preserve its natural
color,delay graying of hair and make it silky soft.
2. A paste of Fenugreek leaves mixed with vinegar is good for treating
3. A pimple and blackhead prone skin when treated with the paste of fenu
greek leaves and turmeric, improves the skin tone.
4. Fenu greek leaves also has anti ageing properties. Make a paste of fenu
greek leaves and add boiled milk to it. Applying this to your face delays
the appearance of fine lines and face wrinkles. It not only improves the
complexation but also makes one look years younger.
5. Fenu greek leaves paste when applied on acne affected area every night
and washed away the following morning with warm water prevents fresh
breakouts of acne.
3 cups of methi leaves( washed and chopped)
1 cup boiled green peas
1 cup fresh cream
2 tbs ginger and garlic paste
4 large tbs cashews (soaked cashews)
2 tbs oil/ butter
1 tbs cumin seeds
Salt to taste
1 tbs coriander powder
Garam masala to taste
Red chilli powder to taste
1 tbs sugar
1. Take the methi leaves in a bowl. Add little bit turmeric,salt and
keep it aside for 5 min. Now wash the methi leaves with cold water,
so that the bitterness of the methi is reduced.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and fry for a min.
3. Add chopped onions and fry till the onions turn into golden brown.
4. Add ginger, garlic and saute for a min.
5. Add chopped methi leaves, salt and turmeric. Mix well and cover
to cook on medium heat up to 10min.
6. Add cooked green peas and mix well.
7. Add garam masala, dhaniya powder, red chilli powder and mix well.
8. Now take the soaked cashews and make a fine paste. Mix the paste into pan.
9. Finally, add the cream,1 tbs sugar and mix well. Keep stirring continuously
up to 10min. on low flame.
up to 10min. on low flame.
10.Delicious methi malai mutter is ready to serve with roti/biryani/rice.