The simplest snacks which can be done in just five mins are sundal. This could be the healthiest snack which u can even serve ur children. TH likes this version of sundal with the masala powders. I prefer to have it with the grated coconut alone and tempered on top. You can try this either way and I bet both are equally good. I used amchur powder to give a little sourness to the dish. And adding this is an optional. You can even try adding chaat masala.
Check out my other version of sundal with moong dal.
Preparation time: 6 hours (soaking time)
Cooking time: 5 mins
Mochakottai/Valor Beans 1 cupd
1 tsp oil
¼ tsp Amchur powder (optional)
1tsp grated coconut
½ tsp mustard seeds
¼ tsp urad dal
Pinch of asofoetida
To dry roast and grind
7-8 dried red chillies
¾ tsp coriander seeds
½ tsp urad dal
½ tsp channa dal
How to make it
- Wash and soak mochakottai in water overnight or 6 hours before u start cooking.
- Pressure cook the legumes for 3-5 whistles (depends on the quality). Take care u don’t overcook it.
- Rest it to cool down for some time. Mean while dry roast the items given and grind it into a smooth powder. If ur running out of time, you can replace this powder with sambar powder.
- In a pan temper the items given and add the mochakottai to it. Mix well and just sauté it for few mins.
- Make sure the mochakootai has little moist while sautéing.
- Then add the powder followed by adding amchur powder and salt. Mix well.
- Top it with the grated coconut and serve hot.