Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15-20 mins
¾ cup Mushroom sliced
1tsp ginger-garlic paste
1-2 green chillies
¼ cup chopped mint leaves
1 tsp chilli powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp coriander powder
¼ cup curd
1 cup basmathi rice
1 bay leaf
½ inch cinnamon stick
Salt (to taste)
Coriander leaves (to garnish)
How to make it
- Wash and clean the mushrooms and then slice it lengthwise. Slice the onions lengthwise and chop the tomatoes finely. Slit the green chillies. Keep aside.
- Wash and soak the rice with 3 cups of water for 15mins.
- In a pan heat oil and splutter bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves.
- Add the sliced onions and cook till it turns transparent. Then follow adding ginger and garlic paste and also green chillies. Sauté them well.
- Throw the chopped mint leaves now and the sliced mushrooms. Mix well.
- Finally add the tomatoes and cook further. Mix the spice powders to the mushy tomatoes.
- Add thick curd or yogurt to make a paste of the masalas.
- Now add the soaked rice without water. Blend the masalas with the rice. Then add the water which we used for soaking. Add salt and check the spiciness at this stage.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook in medium-high flame. Once the water starts to boil simmer the stove and cook in low-medium flame.
- Wait till the rice cooks soft. You can do this in pressure cooker too. Pressure cook the rice for 2 whistles when doing in a cooker.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with onion raitha.
Linking this Recipe to: Cooking with Seeds Rice Event