I was hitting my head to make some gravy with mushroom to complement the chapathi for dinner. I had some frozen green peas in the refrigerator and I thought of giving it a try to make gravy. This recipe is so simple with the usual ingredients. If u have no time to spend in the kitchen yet wanted to make some delicious side dish for the chapathi, u can definitely try this out.
Preparation time: around 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
1 cup sliced mushrooms
½ cup green peas
1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
1 tsp chilli powder
1 ½ tsp coriander powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
Generous Pinch of Kasoori Methi
Coriander leaves (to garnish)
How to make it
- Slice the mushroom and thaw the green peas if ur using frozen ones. Finely chop the onions and tomatoes. Wash the mint leaves with no dirt and chop them into fine pieces.
- In a wok heat 2 tsp of oil and splutter the cumin seeds and cloves. Sauté the onions till transparent and add the mint leaves to it. Sauté further
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Now add the spice powders and mix well. Take care not to burn the powders while adding. Keep it low-medium flame while adding.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and mix it well with the mixture.
- Then add the green peas and mix well. Add 1-2 cups of water and salt.
- Let it cook for some time and simmer the stove till u reach the gravy consistency.
- Add the crushed kasoori methi and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with roti/chapathis or Dosa.