This is a dish I learned from my good friend . It is so simple but the taste is really unique.
1. 1/4 White Pumpkins skin and seeds removed and diced
2. 1/4 Onion diced
3. Seasoning, cumin,mustard, curry leaves
4. 1 1/2 cups Yogurt
1. 4 tbsp grated fresh coconut
2. 3 green chillies
3. 3 pods garlic and 1/4 inch ginger (I sauted these in a little bit of oil) in my grandma’s recipe this is used raw
4. 2 tsp cumin
5. 1/4 tsp black pepper (optional, I did not add this for the recipe)
Grind the above with a little bit of water to a paste
1. Heat a 1/4 tsp of oil in a pan, season with cumin, mustard and curry leaves.
2. When the mustard starts to pop add onions and saute till translucent.
3. Add the pumpkins and salt and cook till they are soft.
4. Add the ground mixture and fry till raw smell goes
5. Turn off the heat and when it cools down add the yogurt and mix welland check to see if there is enough salt.
Serve with rice or as a side to spicy parathas.