Onion and Goat Cheese Tartlets particulary interested to me because I could easily play with the ingredients to make it spicy. This is also a dish for kids to help out and then eat it all up without any fuss.
1. 1 Puff Pastry Sheet thawed
2. 2 Onion sliced thin
3. 1 tomato deseeded and cut into strips
4. 1 cup crumbled goat cheese (I used combination of goat and Pepper Jack cheese)
5. 3 pickled Peppers deseeded and cut into strips (red for color)
6. 2 tbsp corriander leaves chopped
7. 2 tsp chilly powder or sambhar powder
9. 2 tsp (oil + ghee)
1. In a pan heat the oil and saute the onions till brown. Add the tomatoes,salt and chilly powder and cook till tomatoes are soft. Keep aside.
2. Cut the pastry sheet to 9 pieces, tear along the folds and cut into 3 pieces each.
3. Place a spoon full of onion mixture. Leave the margins free.
4. Sprinkle cheese to cover the onions.
5. Top with the cilantro and the peppers.
6. Preheat oven to 400F, place the tartlets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes till the edges are browned.
Sandeepa asked why don’t I post this for the WBB #7, I checked the event and the dish was apt one. So here goes,