I most of the times prefer taking chapathi for dinner. I already listed the side dish for chapathi column separately. (Click here tocheck) even though I make different side dish for roti, paneer is my favorite ones. Paneer with green peas are the best combo forever. Try this recipe out and u ll know why am telling like that.
I served it with roti for dinner and had the left for the next day lunch along with brown rice pilaf (recipe coming soon)
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Paneer cubed ½ cup
Green peas ¼ cup
6-7 cashews (whole)
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
¾ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder (adjust to taste)
1 ½ tsp coriander powder
½ tsp garam masala
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 bay leaf (optional)
Generous pinch of kasoori methi
Coriander leaves (to garnish)
How to make it
- Cube the paneer and put it in warm water till u use. If ur using the frozen peas thaw as per the label instruction. If using a raw ones microwave or some time till it becomes soft or cook in a bowl of water separately and keep aside.
- In a wok heat 1 tsp of oil and roast the cashews for a while. Then add the onions and sauté.
- Once the onions turn soft, add ginger-garlic paste and cook for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and cook further till turns soft. Chop roughly since we are gonna grind it no need for spending much time in chopped it finely.
- Add the turmeric powder and mix well. Switch off the stove and grind the mixture into fine paste in a blender once it comes to room temperature.
- In the same wok heat 1 tsp of oil again and splutter cumin seeds and add bay leaf (if needed).
- Then add the smooth paste and make sure the flame is at low. There is a chance of the gravy to splutter off.
- Slowly increase the flame and add chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala to the gravy.
- Add 1tbsp of water to make the gravy thinner. Add more water (if necessary) to reach the gravy consistency.
- Drain the water from the paneer and add to the boiling gravy. Mix it well.
- Add the green peas to the gravy and check for salt. Allow it to blend well in the gravy.Top with little of crushed kasoori methi leaves.