Paruppu Keerai is a real easy dish with just 2 main ingredients.I found these radish and turnip greens in the farmers market, came home and cooked them the same day, simply flavorful and tasty.
1. 1 Cup Toor Dal (cooked with a pinch of turmeric and a tsp of oil) the water added should be 1 : 1 1/2 dal,water [Moong Dal can also be used ,always roast the moong dal to slightly brown before cooking them]
2. 2 Cups fresh greens
3. 1/2 Onion finely diced
4. 2-3 green chillies slit
5. seasoning – mustard, cumin, methi seeds, curry leaves
6. 1 tsp oil/ghee
radish, turnip greens
1. In a pan heat the oil, add the seasonings, cumin, methi, mustard and curry leaves in that order.
2. When the mustard starts to pop add the onions and green chillies, saute till the onions are translucent.
3. Now add the greens and saute till they wilt a little bit.
4. Add the cooked dal, extra water depending on the consistency you want and salt and when the dal starts to boil leave for 3-4 minutes and turn off the heat.
Nothing could be more simple. Goes well with rice and with chappathis.