Green peas are one of favorite and I try adding it in most of the rice varieties. Now am hooked on to make a rice variety which is completely dedicated to my green colored love… this recipe I make is as simple as a pulao and can be done in just 15 minutes for a one pot meal.
This pulao can be served as such with a cup of raitha. Today I served with Butter Chicken
(recipe coming soon). You can even try any of the dry curries (click here for recipe)
1 cup of basmathi rice
½ cup frozen green peas
1 onion (thinly sliced)
2 green chillies
Fistful mint leaves
½ tsp ginger-garlic paste
½ inch of cinnamon
¼ tsp jeera/seeragam
How to make it
- Wash and rinse rice. Soak in 2 cups of water for 15 minutes.
- Thaw the frozen peas and keep aside.
- In a wok heat oil and temper the items given. Fry the thinly sliced onions till transparent.
- Follow adding green chillies and ginger garlic paste. Fry till the raw smell leaves
- Now throw the mint leaves and green peas. Cook for some more time.
- Add salt and check for the spiciness.
- Add the soaked rice along with water.
- Either cook with lid closed for 10 minutes or transfer to a pressure cooker and cook for 2 whistles in low flame.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Linking this Recipe to: Cooking with Seeds Rice Event