Poori/Puri is a South Indian bread made from a dough of atta/Wheat flour,water
and salt by rolling it out into discs of approximately the size of palm. Poori/Puri
is a very common breakfast / Tiffin item at Indian homes. Poori serve hot with
Potato Kurma, Channa masala.
Wheat flour:1 Cup
Salt: To taste
Oil: for deep frying
1/4 cup flour, for dusting.
1. Mix the flour and salt, by hand or in food processor with gradually adding cold water and knead the dough to a hard consistency.
2. Heat oil for deep frying.
3. Divide the dough into lime sized balls.
4. Take one ball, flatten it with your fingertips and then roll it with rolling pin.
5. Dust flour as required to avoid sticking.
6. Each rolled poori should be about 6-7cm in diameter.
7. Heat oil in a pan and drop one poori at a time.
8. Fry it both sides. Wait till the poori colour is in golden colour.
9. Mouth watering poori is ready to serve.
P.s. Lot of people are using maida and wheat flour for making poori. But i
prefer to make poori with whole wheat flour.Whole wheat is good for health.
Want to make Channa masala curry???? Here is the link.