Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20-30mins
1 ½ onions (thinly sliced)
1 green chilly
¾ tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1tsp turmeric powder
Few mint leaves
1 cup of basmati rice
2 cups of water
1 bay leaf
1 inch cinnamon stick
- Wash and soak rice in water for about 15-20 mins.
- Clean prawns, devein and rinse off with turmeric powder. Marinate the prawns in half of chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and ginger garlic paste. Keep aside for 10-15 mins.
- In a wok heat ghee/oil and splutter the items given.
- Fry onions till transparent and sauté ginger-garlic paste, green chilly till the raw smell leaves.
- Cook tomatoes till mushy and add mint and coriander leaves. Keep some for garnishing.
- Now add the marinated prawns and salt, mix well.
- Add the soaked rice and mix it well with the prawns.
- Add water to the rice and cook till the rice turns soft. Cook in low flame.
- Serve hot with onion raitha.
Linking this Recipe to: Cooking with Seeds Rice Event