Raw Mango Pickle / Cut Mango Pickle are the easiest pickle recipe which can be made in a minute. This can be done instantly when u have just raw mangoes at home. Just chop the mangoes and temper!!! That’s it; the pickle is ready to serve for a grand meal. How could our Indian meal get completed without a pickle?
I always have different varieties of pickle at home to accompany our lunch menu. Sometimes it goes either for parathas or with dosas too. Tomato thokku are the best one which I make. It can be served as a pickle or chutney. And the other pickle I mostly prepare is chilli-garlic pickle which suits best for all parathas. Click on the link to get the recipe. This pickle joins the hand when I found raw mangoes in the nearby shop. Check out my other recipe with raw mangoes.
Preparation time: 3-4 mins
Cooking time: 1-2 mins
1 Raw mango/Mangai
1tsp mustard seeds
¾ tsp fenugreek seeds
Few curry leaves (optional)
Generous pinch of asafoetida
Salt (to taste)
1-2 tsp chilli powder
1tsp coriander powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
1-2 dry red chillies
1-2 tbsp oil
How to make it
- Wash the raw mango; either peel the skin or leave as such. Chop it into small cubes and set aside in a mixing bowl.
- Slightly roast the fenugreek seeds and dry chillies and make it as a coarse powder and keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil and temper the mustard seed and add asafoetida,curry leaves (if using).
- Add the fenugreek-chili powder; follow adding chilli powder, coriander and turmeric powder.
- It forms a thick paste when combined with oil. Keep in mind to simmer the stove to low-medium flame while doing all these steps. Else the powders can easily get burnt and give bitter taste to the pickle.
- Transfer this paste to the mixing bowl and blend well with the mango. Add salt as per the taste.
- Store it in a dry, air-tight container.
- Adding chilli powder is my variation of making the pickle. You can just add enough of dry chillies when making the fenugreek-dry chilli powder.
- As I already mentioned keep the stove in low-medium flame while making this pickle.
- Heat some more oil at the end and add on top of the pickle. This prevents the pickle from getting spoilt easily and also it enhances the taste better.
- Using sesame oil (I prefer idhayam ) gives an extraordinary flavor to the pickle.
- Storing it in an air tight container is preferable. It helps to retain the flavor and taste. When u need to serve always use a dry spoon and close the lid tightly.
- It can be stored for about 2-3 weeks.