I never bought or tried raw mangoes before. I always have a hatred for that. Don’t ask me for reasons and all… on the other hand TH loves it. He loves the raw mangoes when it is made into a pickle. I bought just one mango from store and tried Raw mango Pickle (
recipe coming soon) and also this Rice with the raw mangoes. I loved to temper the rice with lots of peanuts and cashews which gives a crunchy effect. And also I used both red and green chillies, it depends on ur wish to add either of it or try both as like me. Now straight to the recipe!!!
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
1 Raw Mango
2 cups of cooked rice
1tsp mustard seeds
1 ½ tsp urad dal
¾ tsp chana dal
1-2 red chillies
1-2 green chillies
Pinch of asafoetida
½ tsp turmeric powder
Few broken cashews
How to make it
- Wash and peel the outer skin of the mango. Grate the flesh part and leave the seed inside.
- In a pan splutter mustard and add urad dal, chana dal and red chillies. Wait till it turns light brown.
- Add chopped green chillies, asafoetida, curry leaves. Follow adding cashews, peanuts and sauté.
- Now add the grated mango and sauté for few more mins.
- Then add this mixture to the cooked rice and add salt. Make sure the rice is not hot. It should be in room temperature to avoid sogginess.
- Garnish with coriander or curry leaves and serve hot with pappad or any dry curries.
Linking this Recipe to: Cooking with Seeds Rice Event