This is a south Indian snack recipe. Quick preparation and very tasty.
This is one of my family’s weekend snack item. I usually make Bhajji’s
with potato, Brinjal, Chinese Okra/Beerakaya/Ridge Gourd. Today i made
with Raw Plantains. It turned out delicious.
2 Plantains peeled and sliced thinly into desired shapes
1 cup of Besan flour(Chana Flour)
1/4 cup rice flour
1/4 tbs baking soda (optional)
1 tbs cumin seeds
Red chilly powder to taste
Salt to taste
Water to make smooth batter
oil for deep frying.
1. In a Big bowl mix besan flour, rice flour, salt, red chilli powder,cumin
seeds, baking soda and add little water to make a thick smooth paste.
2. Heat oil for deep frying in a heavy bottomed vessel. Dip the sliced
plantains into batter and slowly drop them into hot oil.
3. Fry them until they change the color and remove with a slotted spoon.
4. Now take the paper napkin and takeout the excess oil with paper napkin.
5. Serve hot with ketchup or chutney.