I have the perfect quick recipe for exactly that kind of day. I used Red Kidney Beans but any beans will work. If you forget to soak the beans the previous night no sweat. Boil water add it to the beans cover and let sit for an hour or so. The beans are good as the overnight soaked ones.
1. 1 Cup Soaked Red Beans Cooked (for 1 whistle in the Pressure cooker, or till soft)
2. 1 Big Red Onion
3. 1 Juicy tomato
4. 4 garlic cloves
5. 1 inch piece ginger
6. 4 green chillies
7. 1/2 tbsp masala powder (1 tsp chilly powder optional)
8. 1 tsp turmeric powder
9. 2 tsp tamarind juice, 2 tsp brown sugar (jaggery, white sugar) [optional]
10. seasoning, cumin, fennel seeds, 2 cloves
11. 2-3 tbsp corriander leave chopped
1. Mince the onion in a food processor, followed by garlic,ginger and green chillies.
2. Mince and juice the tomato
3. In a pan heat oil, add the seasonings when they start to turn color, add the onions and cook till brown.
4. Add the ginger,garlic,green chillies mixture and cook till soft.
5. Add the turmeric and masala powders and mix well.
6. Add the tomato juice, enough water and when it starts to boil add the cooked beans and salt and mix.
7. Add the tamarind and sugar if doing so
8. Cover and cook till desired consistensy.
9. Add the chopped corrinader leaves, mix well and remove from heat.
There quick and easy, serve with rice also tastes great with chappathis.