TH always helps me in doing a tikka… actually he loves to do make tikka on his own. I have already posted few recipes on chicken hariyali tikka and also chickentikka. These can be served as a starter when u has party at home. Make sure u serve the tikkas to be really hot, else it will turn rubbery. So start doing after ur guest’s arrival.
How to make it
- Clean the chicken breast and slice it into equal cubes. Remove the moisture from chicken using tissue paper by gently press. Place it in a mixing bowl.
- Soak the almonds in warm water for 10 mins and remove the outer skin by pressing it in between the thumb and index finger.
- Use a muslin cloth to remove the excess water from the yogurt. Put it in the bowl along with the chicken.
- In a blender, make a smooth paste of coriander leaves, green chillies, butter, salt, ginger-garlic paste, onions and almonds.
- Add this paste with the chicken cubes. Add the lemon juice at this time and check for salt.
- Marinate this for 1-2 hours. Keep refrigerated.
- Preheat the oven to 450 deg F. Arrange the chicken cubes in skewers by giving an equal space in between.
- Keep inside the oven in broil mode for 10 minutes. Then take out and brush with little of oil on top and keep for another 10 minutes on other side. Keep till the masalas cooks well.
- Try to remove the moisture from the raw chicken by using tissue paper.
- Don’t allow the chicken pieces to get dried while broiling. Brush some oil to avoid dryness.
- I used nonstick skewers. If using bamboo skewers, soak the skewers in water for 10-15 mins before use. This protects the skewers from breaking.
- For vegetarians, use the same recipe; add paneer instead of chicken.