Do u want to make an Indian sweet in just 15 mins? Then the first choice I would give you is Semiya Kesari. Doing a kesari is such an easy job I would say and I prefer doing semiya kesari than rava kesari. You need not have to bug with the clumps of rava while adding. Semiya cooks like noodle when u add with the right amount of water. I made this sweet on a Friday to make some poojai at home. It makes the day more special. TH loved it and he just loved the color of the sweet and it looks appetizing. Finally, even I bought the food color which I was not at all using in my past days. This color makes the sweet a good appeal and makes my job easy in photographing it.
Preparation time: 1-2 mins
Cooking time: 10-15mins
1 cup vermicelli
2 cups of water
¾ cup sugar (adjust to taste)
Pinch of red orange color (optional)
1tsp broken cashews
3-4 tsp ghee
How to make it
- Heat pan and roast the vermicelli with 1tsp of ghee till it turns light golden brown.
- Cook the vermicelli by adding the water. Cook till it turns soft. Mix in between.
- Once the water evaporates, add sugar and blend well. Sugar leaves moisture and blends with the vermicelli.
- Sugar blends with the vermicelli and starts to tighten. Don’t allow the vermicelli to get stick in the pan. Simmer the stove to low-medium and keep stirring it.
- Add another 1tsp of ghee (or more) at this stage and cook till the consistency is reached.
- Finally add the pinch of food color. This is optional to use food color. Mix again.
- In a separate pan roast the raisin and cashews with little of ghee and add to the vermicelli.
- Enjoy the day by serving it hot.