This recipe my mom used to make it specially for Ayyappa swami pooja at my
home. Since the tradition of neivedyam(Prasadam/offering to god) is still followed
at my home. Yesterday i made Semiya Kesari for Diwali (laximi pooja neivedyam).
1 Cup Semiya/Vermicilli
1/2 cup Sugar
1 & 1/2 cup water
1/2 tbs Cardamom Powder
5 Cashew Nuts
Pinch of Kesari colour
4 tbs Ghee
1. Heat 2 tbs ghee in a thick bottomed pan. Break the cashew nuts into small
pieces and toast the cashew nuts and raisins till golden brown. Remove from
pan, keep it aside.
2. Take the same pan add the remaining ghee and fry the vermicelli till it gets a
light brown color.
3. Add water and bring it to boil. Cook for 10 mins or till it is soft.
4. Now add sugar, kesari colour and cardamom powder and mix well.
5. Leave it on low flame for 5 min.
6. Finally garnish it with cashew nuts and raisins.
7. Colourful and yummy semiya kesari is ready to serve.