This item is so simple to prepare. If we don’t have time to cook lunch/dinner.
We can make upma with in 15 min. time. Kids like to eat semiya upma.
You can eat with Tomato sauce or else pickles.
1 cup semiya
1/2 cup mixed vegetable (or else fresh vegetables)
2 tbs oil
1/2 tbs mustard
1/2 tbs cumin seeds
1/2 Channa dal
1/2 urad dal
1 red chilly
3 or 4 curry leaves
- Heat oil in a pan. Add Channa dal, urad dal, mustard, cumin seeds, and red chili.
- When mustard starts popping add curry leaves.
- Add vegetables and salt mix well. Cover to cook. It will take 10 min time.
- Take other pan add 1 & 1/2 cup water. Add semiya wait until semiya cook softly.
- When vegetables cook softly then add semiya, keep mixing well.
- Semiya upma is ready. You can taste it.