cuisine. Snake Gourd is a popular vegetable of Indian Origin.This vegetable is
Health Benefits Of Snake Gourd:
1. Snack gourd is said to have a cooling effect on the body.
2. Its high in fiber and it also relieves constipation.
3. An intake of the decoction of the leaves is beneficial in the treatment of
4. The juice of the snake gourd leaves when applied to the scalp treating
5. The juice of the fresh leaves of snake gourd is useful in the disorders of
6. Snake gourd is considered useful in treating diabetes especially by those
7. An intake of snake gourd is useful in reducing bilious fever.
8. Snake gourd helps stimulate the production of body fluids, relieving dryness.
9. Snake gourd enhances the processing of nutrition in the body and restores
10. It has anti-inflammatory properties and can disperse phlegm, remove pus,
11. Snake gourd is a natural antibiotic, expectorant, and laxative.
12. Snake gourd has very low on carbs and calories.
13. Snake gourd is rich in Calcium,phosphorous,potassium, iron and vitamin A,
14. It provides high antoxidant and anti-inflammatory protection.
15. Eat more of it and it will protect your heart too. through its high potassium,
16. Being high in fibre, it is good for your colon.
1 medium snake gourd
1 Cup yogurt
2-3 tbs fresh coconut powder
3-4 Green chillies
2 tbs oil
1/2 tbs Channa dal
1/2 tbs urad dal
1/2 tbs cumin seeds
1/2 tbs mustard
1/4 tbs turmeric
2 red chillies
4 curry leaves
a pinch of hing
1. Wash and chop the snake gourd into bite size pieces. Make sure you take
2. Heat oil in a pan, then add the seasoning. Add channadal, urad dal,
3. When mustard start splutter add curry leaves and fry for a min.
4. Add Chopped snake gourd, chopped green chillies, salt and turmeric
and combine well. Cover to cook on low flame about 10-15min.
5. Add fresh coconut powder, chopped coriander and stir well about 5 min.
6. Finally add the beaten yogurt and mix well. Snake gourd curd chutney
is ready to serve.
7. This recipe goes well with rice.