In this recipe I just used spice powders and tamarind juice to make the fry. This is the easiest masala which also suits any other fish too. I personally like the flavor of onions and tomatoes along with this masala. You can do that by adding little of onions and tomatoes paste to the fish with the powders. TH doesn’t like this flavor so I avoided using it.
How to make it
- Clean the fish and flush off all the blood stains. Cut off the head and the tail. Remove the side gills and the scales on top. Make thin steaks and clean in running water, add some turmeric powder and wash off again.
- Soak tamarind with 1tbsp of water and extract a thick juice from it. If u have tamarind paste (store bought) use ½ – 1tsp of it.
- In a mixing bowl add all the spice powders along with salt. Make a paste of the powders with tamarind juice. Make a thick paste with the juice. Add teaspoon by teaspoon and make a paste.
- Marinate the fish with the paste and keep refrigerated for 1-2 hour.
- Heat a pan and grease with oil. Place the steaks in the pan and start cooking in medium-high flame.
- Flip to the next side to cook completely. Once it is cooked completely, transfer to a serving plate and serve hot.