Health benefits of Spinach:
The health benefits of spinach are numerous and its ability to help
antioxidants and as anti-cancer agents. Another study has revealed that
spinach contains protein components which are used to lower blood
pressure. Apart from this Spinach is also good for bone health as it
contains bone-building nutrients including calcium and magnesium.
Spinach is said to be good for those with heart disease, arthritis, Anemia,
Tumors, Constipation, Insomnia, Obesity, Neuritis, High blood pressure,
Bronchitis, Colon cancer, Prostate cancer, Breast cancer, Osteoporosis,
Dyspepsia and diseases of kidneys, bladder and liver.
If served raw, Spinach is a good source of vitamin C. By overcooking it
important Vitamins may be lost. Cooked spinach is a good source of iron.
Iron is a mineral that it particularly important for Women and Children who
have increased needs for iron.
1 bunch of Spinach
1 medium Onion
3 Green chillies
2 tbs oil
1/4 tbs Channa dal
1/4 Urad dal
1/4 Cumin seeds
1 Red chilli
Salt to taste
Below 1/4 tbs turmeric
2. Chop the onion and green chillies.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add channa dal, urad dal,cumin seeds, red chilli,
4. Add onions,green chillies and fry till the onions turn into light brown colour.
5. Add spinach, salt and turmeric. Mix well and cover to cook on medium heat
6. Fiber-rich and tasty Spinach curry is ready to serve.