I usually make chola dosai using this recipe. I changed this around a little bit added ragi to the mix increased the amount of urad dal and like this recipe better. There is no need to ferment the batter just soak the grains over night.
Tomato Cholam Ragi Dosai
1. 1 Cup Cholam (Pearl Millet)
2. 1 Cup Ragi (Finger Millet)
3. 1 Cup whole urad dal
4. 2 tomatoes
5. 1 tsp cumin + 1 tsp pepper corn + 1 small piece of asfoetida + 4 red chilies + handful of curry leaves
6. salt to taste
1. Soak the ragi, cholam and urad dal for 8-10 hours
2. Blend the urad dal first remove and then blend the soaked cholam and ragi to a smooth batter
3. Towards the end add the chopped tomatoes and the cumin, pepper corn, asfoetida, curry leaves and red chilies and let them also blend
4. Add salt. Add just enough water for a pourable consistency
5. Heat a dosai pan or griddle add a laddle of batter and spread like you would dosai, spread or spray oil on the edges. Cook till the edges turn brown, flip and cook on the other side
Serve with any chutney of choice.