leftover rice/Fresh rice. This recipe is a well known lunch box recipe.
1 Cup Rice
1 Medium Onion
4 – 5 Green Chillies
Red Chilly powder to taste
1/4 tbs turmeric
1/2 Inch Ginger
2 flakes garlic
1 piece cinnamon
2 tbs oil/butter/ghee
Coriander leaves for garnishing.
1. Cook the Basmati rice and keep it aside. Allow it too cool.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add cloves,cinnamon, Cardamom and fry for a minute.
3. Add ginger, garlic, green chillies and fry for a min.
4. Add onions and green chillies fry till the onions turn into light brown color.
5. Add Chopped Tomatoes, Salt, turmeric and cover to cook on medium heat.
6. After tomatoes are cooked well, add red chilly powder and mix well.
7. Finally add cooked rice and mix well.
8. Garnish with Coriander leaves.